Emersus Index du Forum
Emersus
Forum dédié à la Guilde Emersus, présente sur le serveur Many.

Emersus Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: The Contrasts In Dante ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Emersus Index du Forum -> La vie de la Guilde -> La taverne du Chacha Chaleureux
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aliyaireen

Masculin
Classe: Iop
Level: 196
Point(s): 0
Moyenne de points: 0,00

MessagePosté le: Sam 8 Juil - 23:07 (2017)    Sujet du message: The Contrasts In Dante Répondre en citant

The Contrasts in Dante
by William Warren Vernon

->->->->DOWNLOAD BOOK The Contrasts in Dante
READ BOOK The Contrasts in Dante

INTRODUCTION.

There is no question which students of Dante oftener put to each other than this: "Which do you like best, the Inferno, the Purgatorio, or the Paradiso?"

The enquiry is a very natural one, for what greater contrast can there be than between the dark and hopeless terrors of the Inferno, the tender consolations of the Purgatorio, and the serene splendours of the Paradiso, the very Holy of Holies of the Divine Comedy, where hope is no longer needed, because it has been already realized? In the Purgatorio alone does Hope exist, for be it remembered that Dante's examination on Hope by St. James in the Paradiso does not refer to either of the three Kingdoms of the dead, but only to Man living on earth. My answer then to the question would be the counter-question: "When you look at a grand landscape by Cuyp, by Ruysdael, by Rubens, or by Hobbema, which do you most admire, the dark shadows, the brilliant highlights, or the free and spirited middle-tints?" My questioner would of course retort: "How can one separate a complete picture into the various strata which go to make up one single and harmonious entirety? In a perfect whole there must of necessity be contrasts; variety, not sameness. In music, discords in one place bring out beauties and harmonies in another." It is this natural law that Dante has evidently wished to follow in the Divina Commedia, which is the mighty conception of such a master mind as has rarely been observed in the whole history of the human race. As we move from the Inferno to the Purgatorio, and pass on to the Paradiso, we read the record of the wandering, the awakening, the disciplining, and the emancipation of a soul.

I find it difficult, if not impossible, to believe that Dante ever sat down to write, first the whole Inferno, then the whole Purgatorio, and finally the whole Paradiso, consecutively one after the other. It is far more likely that when he began to write the first Canto of the Inferno, he had already decided, in his symmetrical mind, that there were to be one hundred Cantos in the Commedia, thirty-three to each Cantica, with Canto I. of the Inferno as the Introduction to the entire subject-matter of the Poem.

He had probably composed many hundreds of verses, including the leading passages, before he took the work in hand as a whole, during the last ten years of his life. In this way some of the now disputed readings may have originated in Dante himself; the earlier reading having been composed during the period of preparation, and the variant substituted later on by himself as better expressing the meaning of the passage. A notable instance of this is to be found in Inf. XIII., 63, where Pier delle Vigne tells Dante that he so gave up his whole being to the faithful discharge of the duties of his great office of Chancellor to the Emperor Frederick II,, that he lost his veins and his pulses (le vene e i polsi). But veins and pulses are practically synonymous terms, and the variant (lo sonno e i polsi) is considered by Dr. Moore to be by far the preferable reading, as it gives a much more appropriate sense to Pietro's speech. His devotion to his noble office was such as to destroy, not his life (lo vene e i polsi), but his repose by night, and his strength and mental power by day. Let us suppose then that lo vene e i polsi may have been composed by Dante during his period of preparation, and lo sonno e i polsi substituted by himself later, as better expressing the special point of his narrative.

During the twenty-four hours I have been in Manchester, I have seen another variant, i sensi e i polsi, in two magnificent manuscripts, the one in the Rylands Library, and the other at the house of my kind host, Dr. Lloyd Roberts, which belonged to Mr. Hughes.

We may also notice the remarkable way in which at times the number of a Canto in one Cantica, corresponds with the number of a Canto in another Cantica, when the subjects in both offer a parallel or a contrast..

The Contrasts in Dante book drive The Contrasts in Dante book text format

Tags: free fb2, book BitTorrent free, book download via Transmission, ios access how download information online, book full, pdf download full book, purchase book text windows mobile, free ios apple without signing via, kickass book download, mobile ebook, ebook android pdf, value pdf full mp3 book, full reading ios online apple, download full book, tablet access book sale value, story offline online doc finder, download free cloud, store book, book Box, You search pdf online pdf, download via torrent client, sale book, online iBooks offline eng free, how to find book without register, audio find store price download, free writer original german reader, book book free from Galaxy, book 4Shared, book RapidShare, format txt pdf, tpb free torrent, book for ibooks, book google docs, book for Windows Phone, download from SaberCatHost pdf, book DepositFiles, audiobook free, book text format, download android, book docs, book cheap book, book book free from xiaomi, ios read library pc thepiratebay, book view

The Contrasts in Dante book samsung
The Contrasts in Dante format txt pdf
The Contrasts in Dante book without payment
The Contrasts in Dante download torrent isoHunt
The Contrasts in Dante pc read value kickass francais
The Contrasts in Dante free txt
The Contrasts in Dante book zipshare
The Contrasts in Dante download android
The Contrasts in Dante download via torrent client
The Contrasts in Dante read store amazon sale mobile
The Contrasts in Dante book 4Shared
The Contrasts in Dante get free
The Contrasts in Dante how to find book without register
The Contrasts in Dante purchase book
The Contrasts in Dante book kindle
The Contrasts in Dante book 2shared
The Contrasts in Dante full version download
The Contrasts in Dante mobile pdf
The Contrasts in Dante pdf download full book
The Contrasts in Dante original book
The Contrasts in Dante torrent download 1337x
The Contrasts in Dante book online
The Contrasts in Dante Google Drive
The Contrasts in Dante book french
The Contrasts in Dante free epub
The Contrasts in Dante direct link book mp3 find how download
The Contrasts in Dante access read find get pc
The Contrasts in Dante download audio apple online thepiratebay
The Contrasts in Dante free online iphone
The Contrasts in Dante pdf download full book
The Contrasts in Dante book full
The Contrasts in Dante bookstore
The Contrasts in Dante iBooks online how read via how to
The Contrasts in Dante book drive
The Contrasts in Dante book text format
The Contrasts in Dante book Mega
The Contrasts in Dante ios сhapter cheap eng download
The Contrasts in Dante book buy cheap
The Contrasts in Dante book DepositFiles
The Contrasts in Dante book MediaFire
The Contrasts in Dante read store amazon sale mobile
The Contrasts in Dante book from htc online
The Contrasts in Dante ebook free download
The Contrasts in Dante torrent download 1337x
The Contrasts in Dante book without pay
The Contrasts in Dante book in English
The Contrasts in Dante book download via Transmission
The Contrasts in Dante mobile ebook
The Contrasts in Dante book torrent
The Contrasts in Dante book samsung

5d8a9798ff

The Cat and the MoonpublicationGODedition: ROAMING THE GHETTOTransactions of the Royal Hawaiian Agricultural Society, Vol. 2: At Its Fourth Annual Meeting, in June, 1854; No. 1 (Classic Reprint)Twentieth Annual Report of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, 1914 (Classic Reprint)The Chronicle of the Catholic Faith - ReflectionsEl trabajo y el cambio del contexto socioeconómico (Spanish Edition)Amazing Pictures and Facts About Kuwait: The Most Amazing Fact Book for Kids About Kuwait (Kid's U)Amish+PersistenceThe Ruby Moon: Thirteen, Book 2How to Tame a Triceratops (Dino Riders) Will Dare

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 8 Juil - 23:07 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Emersus Index du Forum -> La vie de la Guilde -> La taverne du Chacha Chaleureux Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
onyx © theme by larme d'ange 2006